Talent and discipline are required for a successful and smart advertising. If you have created your ad with great creative effect but it doesn't contain a message, it clearly shows the customers or not relevant to your targeted audience or a call to action button, your deviating from your campaign goal. It can give good leads to your business website, but the conversion rate will be abysmal. So you need to know what to do and what not to do in the online ad campaign.
- Dos: Make sure to do the following for a successful ad campaign.
- Communicate the benefits of the product but not completely about the product. This is because consumers look for benefits. For instance, people will not buy a branded car just because it has airbags. They buy it for safety. You have to communicate about the benefit of safety but not the airbags in the car.
- Some advertisers think that they have to change the ad look and feel, colors or tag lines for a particular period. Some feel that they have to mix in each new campaign. The main purpose of the ad is to remember easily by the customer and recognize your brand. If you want to change your ad, do it in way like customers can easily recognize your brand.
- Be clear about your advertising goals and expectations. Those are like the ultimate goals of the campaign, or trying to increase the relationships numbers, or average balance expectations, or budget limits etc.
- Keep your ideas original, interesting and simple. Your idea is like to concentrate on the product or service that you are offering and speak to the targeted group. The tag-line or the slogan should be like chord to the audience.
- Dont's: Do not do the following in ad campaigns.
- Do not make ambiguous or complex messages. It should not be like once they look at the advertisement, look in the dictionary for meaning for the words in the advertisement. As well don't keep it longer. It will even lead you to failure of the campaign. Make your ad simple.
- Do not follow what ever your competitors are doing. Clearly identify your target customers, and analyze your competitors ads. Check them whether they are good or not. Take the attractive and good message communicating ads. Make your ad from them.
The advertisements play an important role in decision making of the consumers while buying products and services. The process of branding and advertising have the capability to make or break the company. The products and services sales of a company depends on the promotion. Successful ad campaigns are a unique balance between the art of convincing people and information presented.